Tuesday, June 30, 2009

If Only I Could Bottle It Up and Sell It …

Recently, I’ve been extremely aware of the overabundant joy my children provide me with regularly. For starters, the spontaneous and countless giggles jump start my heart. The way my son Gray manipulates words thereby creating his very own vernacular only his parents can understand makes me smile. Doodoohopter! Doodoocycle! Adding the “doodoo” prefix to any word wins every time … Just Doodooo it! His excitement and enthusiasm for life inspire me. Gray is a dream. He’s such a sweet, mild tempered boy. He’s creative and athletic, smart and funny. He’s got spunk but he’s pretty cautious overall. And Piper … she’s taken to laughing at Gray as we count to ten on the steps. She thinks it’s hilarious that he counts I suppose and I think she’s hilarious. I think she’s wise beyond her year(s) … it’s a cackle-ish laugh and it’s quite cute and more importantly, it’s contagious. When she’s as zen-like as Piper gets, she hums … and occasionally, I’ll hum with her, cheek to cheek. And I’ll change the melody up at times and she’ll follow my pattern and then, we’ll pause and giggle together. I feel her eye lashes twitch on my cheek and subsequently, her grin grows. Times like this make me so happy. Unsolicited and natural play between Gray and Piper melts my heart. When it’s nice and sweet and gentle (AND NOT FORCED), life couldn’t get any better. And because it’s rare for Gray (2 yrs) and Piper (1 yr) to have many of these moments, they are treasures and rarely forgotten. Observing your babies loving on one another, sharing toys/books with each other, entertaining one another or comforting each other is pretty amazing. If only I could bottle it up and sell it …

June 2009 005

No comments:

Post a Comment